Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Detox, cleanse and flowwww......

Yum! Summer is here....juices and smoothies and liquidity...

Recently my Mum died. And I watch myself, as the air around me warms, my body and being wanting to return to a simple cleansing diet. My interior awash.

Last week I returned to the pool. Laps. My Dad once a surf lifesaver, my Mum insisted I learnt to swim before I learnt to dance. We lived by Sydney's beaches. As I pushed off the pool edge last week, limbs r-e-a-c-h-i-n-g, water wooooshing and flowing past my skin, I wondered, "where have I been all this time?!". Its two years since I swam. Immersion. Drench flushes through my tissues. Ahhhh...

So, this Blog. I post some fave concoctions and invite you to do the same. What energises you, soothes you, nourishes you, vitalises and sings you; ZING!

Berry and Chocolate breakfast smoothie:
I generous handful of frozen organic mixed berries
1 tsp - tblsp of each:
organic macca powder,
organic raw cacao powder,
organic hulled hemp seeds,
organic chia seeds
and
1 tblsp of organic coconut oil

and add some organic oat, almond or rice milk......

Blend....

DRINK

YUUMMM!

4 comments:

  1. Yum, thanks for sharing Narelle!
    This is one i invented that comes to mind. I'll think of more...
    Berry Razzle smoothie
    http://chayyasfoodlove.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post_7185.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the one I was thinking of...I made it for a group of friends, we drank it on the sand dunes at dusk...

    A creamy deliciously enlightening smoothie
    -
    soaked and blended brazil nuts (4 hours)
    500ml coco juice (organic coconut water)
    500ml sunstone and citrine gemwater (made with conduction method, in sunshine for 3 hours)
    3 bananas
    lime juice
    - served in a glass with a handful of whole (unblended) blueberries

    ReplyDelete
  3. Narelle, I always love reading about your journey...and the smoothie sounds delicious! I look forward to following your Summer posts and once again thank you for your inspiration and the wonderful interview you did for me also...

    http://bentenlaughing.blogspot.com/2010/06/interview-with-narelle-carter-quinlan.html

    ReplyDelete